Valve type and valve code
Valve type and valve code
Why choose XinHui Valves? Because we manufacture the most complete range of industrial valve types, do not miss XinHui. Tell us your questions and we can deliver the perfect answer. We are the best valve solution supplier! Our valve code is compiled according to JB/T 308-2004 valve model, if you have any questions, you can click to view this article!
pressure reducing valve
Pilot piston type gas pressure reducing valve
Cast Steel Swing Type Check Valve manufacturer
API ASME Swash plate type check valve
Quick shut Evacuate steam pneumatic check valve
Single flap piston type check valve factory
Empty Exhaust Check Valve Factory
Self-operated pressure full stainless steel control valve
Pneumatic film Cast Iron Flange three way control valve
why choose XinHui valve
Our wish is to get you here without having to look for anyone else!
Full range of valve types
We have hundreds of industrial valves for you to choose from！
Novel valve type
Every year research and development of novel valves are put into production!
Customized valve types
Fully customized valve according to customer needs!
Type and Code of valves
1. Classification of the functions and use of valves
(1) Globe valve
(2) Check valve
(3) Safety valve
(5) Diverter valve
2. Classification by rated pressure of valves
3. Vavole and operating temperature
4. Classification of valves according to the driving method
valve and so on.
5. Taxonomy based on the nominal diameter of the valve
6. Organization of the structural characteristics of the valves
The opening and closing parts slide in the direction perpendicular to the channel.
7. Methods of connecting the valves
It is a form of connection where the valve and the two pipes are directly fastened together with bolts.
8. Variety of valve body materials
჻ Monel league
჻ Glass fiber reinforced plastic
• Valve lined with metal body
More Valve related articles
I believe you will not regret your choice
Why choose XinHui valve?
We are not only a manufacturer of valves, but also a disseminator of industry knowledge
The standard “JB/T 308-2004 Valve Model Compilation Method” (hereinafter referred to as “this standard”) specifies the model compilation, type code, drive mode code, connection form code, structural form code, sealing surface material code, Representation of valve body material code and pressure code.
This standard is applicable to the model compilation of general-purpose gate valves, globe valves, throttle valves, butterfly valves, ball valves, diaphragm valves, plug valves, check valves, safety valves, pressure reducing valves, steam traps, blowdown valves, and plunger valves.
According to this standard, the valve model consists of seven parts: valve type, driving method, connection form, structural form, sealing surface material or lining material type, pressure code or working pressure at working temperature, and valve body material.
The order of valve model preparation is: valve type, drive mode, connection form, structural form, sealing surface material or lining material type, nominal pressure code or working pressure code at working temperature, valve body material.
1. Model preparation of the valve
The valve model consists of 7 units, the meanings of which are as follows.
(1) Type code: The type code is represented by Chinese pinyin letters, as shown in Table 1.
(2) Code of drive mode: code of drive mode, expressed in Arabic numerals according to the provisions of Table 2.
(3) Connection form code: The connection form code of the valve is expressed in Arabic numerals according to the provisions of Table 3.
(4) Structural form code: The structural form code of the valve is represented by Arabic numerals. The structure code of gate valve shall be as specified in Table 4; the structure code of globe valve, plunger valve and throttle valve shall be as specified in Table 5; the structure code of ball valve shall be specified as specified in Table 6; the structure code of butterfly valve shall be specified as specified in Table 7; Structural form code according to the provisions of Table 8; plug valve structural form code according to the provisions of Table 9; check valve structural form code according to the provisions of Table 10; safety valve structural form code according to the provisions of Table 11; pressure reducing valve structural form code According to the provisions of Table 12; the structure code of steam traps shall be in accordance with the provisions of Table 13;
Table 1 Type code of valve
|valve type||code||valve type||code|
|spring loaded safety valve||A||blowdown valve||P|
|Butterfly valve||D||Ball valve||Q|
|Diaphragm valve||G||steam trap valve||S|
|Lever type safety valve||GA||Plunger valve||U|
|Check Valves and Foot Valves||H||Plug valve||X|
|Globe valve||J||pressure reducing valve||Y|
|throttle valve||L||gate valve||Z|
When the valve has other functions or has other special structures, add a Chinese pinyin letter before the valve type code, as shown in the following table
Table 1-1 Representation code of valves with other functions or with other special structures
|second function name||code||second function name||code|
|Insulation type||B||Slag discharge type||P|
|cryogenic type||D||fast type||Q|
|fireproof type||F||(Stem Seal) Bellows Type||W|
Note: The low temperature type refers to the valve whose temperature is allowed to be lower than -46℃.
Table 2 Valve’s drive mode codedrive modecodedrive modecodeElectromagnetic drive0bevel gear5Electromagnetic-Hydraulic Drive1Air driven6Electro-hydraulic drive2Hydraulic drive7worm gear3Air Hydraulic drive8spur gear4electric drive9
Note: 1. This code can be omitted for those driven by handwheel, handle and wrench, as well as safety valve, pressure reducing valve and steam trap.
2. For pneumatic or hydraulic, normally open type is represented by 6K, 7K, normally closed type is represented by 6B, 7B; pneumatic with manual, represented by 6K; explosion-proof electric, represented by 9H; worm-T-type nut, represented by 3T .
3. Code 2 and code 8 are the actuators that need to be operated by two power sources at the same time when the valve is opened and closed.
Table 3 Valve connection form code
|Connection Type||code||Connection Type||code|
Note: Welding includes butt welding and socket welding.
Table 4 Structural code of gate valve
|Gate valve structure||code|
|Stem lift-down type (rising stem)||wedge-type gate||elastic gate||0|
|rigid gate||single gate||1|
|Parallel-type gate||single gate||3|
|Stem non-lifting type (dark rod)||wedge-type gate||single gate||5|
|Parallel-type gate||single gate||7|
Table 5 Structural code of globe valve, plunger valve and throttle valve
|Globe valve, plunger valve and throttle valve structure||code||Globe valve, plunger valve and throttle valve structure||code|
|Thru-type||1||DC type (Y type)||5|
|Z-type Thru-type||2||Balanced Thru-Type||6|
|Three-way-type||3||Balance angle type||7|
|angle type||4||Needle Globe Valve||8|
Table 6 Ball valve structure code
|Ball valve structure-form||code||Ball valve structure-form||code|
|floating ball||Thru-type||1||Fixed ball||Thru-type||7|
|L shape||4||T shape||Three-way-type||8|
|T shape||5||L shape||9|
|–||–||–||Hemisphere – Thru||0|
Table 7 Butterfly valve structure code
|Butterfly Valve Structural Form||code||Butterfly Valve Structural Form||code|
|sealed type||single eccentric||0||unsealed-type||single eccentric||5|
|Center Vertical Plate||1||Center Vertical Plate||6|
|double eccentric||2||double eccentric||7|
|triple eccentric||3||triple eccentric||8|
|connecting rod-mechanism||4||connecting rod-mechanism||9|
Table 8 Diaphragm valve structure code
|Diaphragm Valve Structural Form||code||Diaphragm Valve Structural Form||code|
|cutoff-type||3||Angle Y shape||8|
|DC plate type||5||Angled T shape||9|
Table 9 Structural form code of plug valve
|Plug valve structure-form||code||Plug valve structure-form||code|
|packing-seal||L shape||2||Oil seal seal||L shape||6|
|T shape Three-way||4||T-shaped tee way||8|
|–||–||T-shaped tee way||0|
Table 10 Check valve structure code
|Check valve structure form||code|
|Raise – lower||Thru-type||1|
Table 11 Structural form code of safety valve
|Safety valve structure-form||code|
|spring||closed||with heat sink||full start-type||0|
|Micro start type||1|
|with spanner||Double spring micro-opening-type||3|
|not closed||full start-type||4|
|Micro start type||7|
|with control mechanism||full start-type||6|
Table 12 Structural code of pressure reducing valve
|Pressure reducing valve structure-form||code|
|direct acting bellows||1|
|direct acting thin film||2|
|Pilot Piston Type||3|
|Pilot Bellows Type||4|
|Pilot film type||5|
Table 13 Structural form code of steam trap
|Steam Trap Structure Form||code|
|floating ball type||1|
|Labyrinth or orifice plate type||2|
|Floating barrel type||3|
|Liquid or solid expansion type||4|
|Bell float type||5|
|Steam pressure type||6|
|Bimetal or elastic||7|
Table 14 Structural code of blowdown valve
|Sewage valve structure-form||code|
|Liquid level connection||Globe type – straight-through type||1|
|Globe type – angle type||2|
|liquid bottom intermittent||Globe type – DC type||5|
|Globe type – straight-through type||6|
|Globe type – angle type||7|
|Floating-gate type-straight-through type||8|
(5) Code of valve bottom sealing surface or lining material: The code of valve bottom sealing surface or lining material is expressed in Chinese Pinyin letters, according to the provisions of Table 15.
(6) Nominal pressure code: The nominal pressure code is represented by Arabic numerals, and its value is 10 times the nominal pressure value in megapascals (MPa). For valves used in the power station industry, when the maximum temperature of the medium exceeds 530°C, the value is 10 times the working pressure value in megapascals (MPa).
(7) Valve body material code: The valve body material code is expressed in Chinese Pinyin letters, as specified in Table 16. Cast iron valve body with PN less than or equal to 1.6Mpa and carbon steel valve body with PN greater than or equal to 2.5Mpa omit this code.
Table 15 Seat Seal or Liner Material Code
|Seat sealing surface or lining material||code|
|Tin-Based Bearing Alloy (Babbitt)||B|
|18-8 series stainless steel||E|
|Cr13 series stainless steel||H|
|Mo2Ti series stainless steel||R|
Note: 1. The material code of the seat sealing surface directly processed by the valve body is represented by W.
2. When the sealing surface material of the sealing pair is different, it is indicated by the material code with low hardness.
Table 16 Valve body material code
|valve body material||code|
|Titanium and Titanium Alloys||A|
|Cr13 series stainless steel||H|
|Malleable cast iron||K|
|18-8 series stainless steel||P|
|Mo2Ti series stainless steel||R|
|Copper and Copper Alloys||T|
|Chrome Molybdenum Vanadium Steel||V|
|grey cast iron||Z|
Second, the naming of the valve
The name of the valve is named according to the driving mode, connection form, structural form, lining material and type, but the following contents are omitted in the naming:
(1) In the connection form: “flange”.
(2) In the structural form:
a. The gate valve’s “rising stem”, “elasticity”, “rigidity” and “single gate”.
b. “Straight-through” type of globe valve and throttle valve.
c, “floating” and “straight-through” of the ball valve.
d. The “vertical plate type” of the butterfly valve.
e. The “ridge type” of the diaphragm valve.
f. The “packing” and “straight-through” of the plug valve.
g. “Straight-through” and “single flap” of check valve.
h. “Not closed” of the safety valve.
(3) The material name in the seat sealing surface material.
3. Examples of valve model and name compilation method
1. Electric gate valve, flange connection, rising rod wedge type double gate, valve seat sealing surface material is directly processed by the valve body, the nominal pressure is PN0.1MPa, and the valve body material is gray cast iron gate valve:
Z942W-1 Electric wedge type double gate gate valve
2. Manual, external thread connection, floating straight-through type, valve seat sealing surface material is fluoroplastic, nominal pressure is PN4.0MPa, valve body material is 1Cr18Ni9Ti ball valve:
Q21F-40P male thread ball valve
3. Diaphragm valve with pneumatic normally open type, flange connection, ridge type, rubber lining material, nominal pressure PN0.6MPa, and valve body material gray cast iron:
G6K41J-6 Pneumatic normally open rubber-lined diaphragm valve
4. Butterfly valve with hydraulic, flange connection, vertical plate type, the seat sealing surface material is cast copper, the valve disc sealing surface material is rubber, the nominal pressure is PN0.25MPa, and the valve body material is gray cast iron:
D741X-2.5 Hydraulic Butterfly Valve
5. Electric, welded connection, straight-through, valve seat sealing surface material is surfacing hard alloy, working pressure at 540 ℃ is 17MPa, valve body material is chrome molybdenum vanadium steel globe valve:
J961Y-P54170V Electric Welding Globe Valve
OEM & ODM Newinteg valve Applications
Z641H Pneumatic Gate Valve - Oil Industry Best
X44W three-way plug valve - chemical industry best
X44W three-way plug valve is a valve that can be opened and closed quickly. Because the movement between the sealing surfaces has a wiping effect, and when fully opened, it can completely prevent contact with the flowing medium, so it can also be used with suspended particles. medium.
H64Y Power Station Check Valve-Power Station Industry Best
The power station check valve is a valve body as a die forging. The middle cavity adopts a pressure-free self-tightening structure without a bonnet. The higher the inner cavity pressure, the better the sealing performance. It is made according to the user’s requirements and is suitable for the main water supply, circulating water and steam extraction and recuperation pipelines of thermal power plants, preventing the flow of high temperature and high pressure medium, and protecting the safety of main equipment such as pumps.
QDY42F Hydraulic Emergency Shutoff Valve-Oil and Gas Industry Best
This is a safety valve. It is installed on the liquid phase and gas phase pipelines of the LPG storage tank station, and is used together with the air compressor (or gas storage tank), so that when a large amount of leakage occurs in the pipeline, the gas source is depressurized or the high temperature causes the fusible plug alloy to melt, and the valve Automatically close to stop leakage, play a role in safety protection. This valve can also be used as a pneumatic shut-off valve. It can realize remote control, close quickly and open flexibly. Ideal for replacing imports.
H41F4 F46 Fluorine Lined Check Valve-Chemical Industry Best
H41F4 F46 fluorine-lined check valve controls strong corrosive medium. The surface of the valve body is covered with various fluorine plastics. It is suitable for different working temperatures and fluid pipelines. It has the characteristics of high strength and good performance, preventing various One-way opening and closing of the countercurrent flow of the medium on the pipeline or equipment. It is suitable for various concentrations of aqua regia, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid and various organic acids, strong acids and strong oxidants in the chemical industry at -50℃~150℃. FEP is also suitable for use in pipelines with various concentrations of strong alkali organic solvents and other corrosive gases and liquid media.
want to talk
Leave your details and one of our experts will contact you!